– Det som imponerer meg aller mest, er den sterke elevinvolveringen Kuben har klart å få til. Skolens verdigrunnlag, som gjelder både elever og ansatte, er utviklet og implementert av elevrådet, sier juryleder Guri Hjeltnes.
Tidligere Kubenelever på barne- og ungdomsfaget dominerer blant de som velger å ta deler av læretiden ute i et annet europeisk land
Kuben Upper Secondary (Kuben) is Oslo's largest school with between 1400 to 1800 students. Kuben is housed at Kuben Vocational Arena, at Økern, 4 km from Oslo Central Station. Kuben Vocational Arena is a professional arena for students, trainees and employees from various companies. It contains, in addition to Kuben Upper Secondary (year 11-13); Oslo and Akershus Technical College, Apprenticeship Center for the Building Trades, and Kuben Technology Center.
Kuben's mission is to educate tomorrow's best vocational workers, to give students a broad foundation in order to meet competency requirements for employment and further education, and to be a frontrunner in school development and professional collaboration with the industry.
Kuben is working hard to increase recruitment to vocational training in Oslo, and to contribute to more students making the right career choices, and successfully complete their training and education.
Kuben is involved in Erasmus+ projects and is a member of the United Nations Association of Norway.
For more information on Kuben, please follow this link to our presentation (NB - the presentation is 3.8MB).
- Building and construction
- Design, arts and crafts
- Electrical trades and electronics
- Healthcare, childhood and youth development
- ICT services
- Technical and industrial production
- General academic studies
- Preparatory year for minority applicants
- Norwegian language for minorities (dept. Bredtvet)
- Follow-up service for students not integrated in ordinary vocational education
Kuben's "Glass Street" with the library up on the left.